SE Health Welcomes New Board Members During 115-Year Anniversary
Not-for-profit social enterprise continues charting visionary course with the inclusion of well-respected Canadian leaders, rounding out an exceptional, diverse, and forward-thinking board of directors.
As a pioneering force in Canadian health care, SE Health proudly announces the appointments of many new and remarkable professionals to its volunteer board of directors.
The new board members include:
- Darlene Dasent, Executive Vice President and CFO, University Health Network
- The Honourable Jason Kenney, PC, ECA, Former Premier of Alberta and federal cabinet minister
- Dr. Katharine Smart, Pediatrician and former President of the Canadian Medical Association
- Dr. Agnes Thomas, Executive Director, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Toronto
- Lilly Wong, Senior Partner, Gowling WLG
This new cohort joins an exceptional group of seasoned SE Health board members who continue to contribute significantly to the organization’s success:
- Noreen Taylor, SE Health Board Chair and President Windfield Farms Inc.
- Bill Chambers, board director and consultant and former CEO of Save the Children Canada
- Philip Smith, CFO, Sanctuary Cognitive Systems
- Christine Elliott, KC, former Minister of Health, Ontario
- Albert Agro, CEO, Colomba Therapeutics
- Don McCutchan, International Policy Advisor, Gowlings
Commemorating a legacy of 115 years, marked by incredible innovation and impact, SE Health is continuing to build new models, scale cutting-edge solutions, and bring care to life – to make a difference for people and communities across the country. The newly appointed members bring expertise in healthcare, finance, government, legal, and social and community services; and share a passion for SE Health’s purpose: to bring hope and happiness.
“We are overjoyed to welcome these highly regarded leaders and changemakers to our board during this significant milestone in our history,” said John Yip, President, and CEO at SE Health. “Their knowledge and experience are unparalleled. They support our commitment to organizational excellence, and they will inspire SE towards good governance, greater innovation, and success.”
Their diverse backgrounds and demonstrated leadership will enhance SE Health’s ability to address the evolving needs of its people, clients, partners, and communities, and ensure the organization adheres closely to its values of life care, love, and work with purpose.
“I am honoured to join SE Health’s Board of Directors during such a momentous occasion and at a time of impressive growth and innovation,” said The Honourable Jason Kenney, PC, ECA, Former Premier of Alberta and Senior Advisor at Bennett Jones LLP. “Together, we look forward to building on SE’s amazing history and shaping a future that continues to make an incredible impact near and far.”
SE’s 115-year anniversary is a reflection of the organization’s successes and a testament to its resilience, adaptability, and unwavering commitment to excellence. The board and its people remain dedicated to upholding the organization’s core values and pioneering spirit.